skip navigation

Parents & Players Info

Update on July 25

By now, all qualified families should have received a refund to the account used to make season payments or have receive a check. If you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at or


Update on CONVID-19 (Mar 19)

Updated Message as of March 19, 2020

We have received updated information from USA Volleyball. 

USA Volleyball has extended their cancellation of activities until April 15, 2020. Therefore, the Chesapeake Region will extend our cancellation of events, tournaments, and practices under the USAV auspices until April 15, 2020. The Adult Regional Championships, scheduled for April 4, 2020, has been canceled. Information about the Girl's Junior Regional Championships will be communicated at a later date. 


Lisa D.

CHRVA Commissioner

Update on COVID-19 (Mar 13@ 6:30PM)


Due to concerns surrounding COVID-19, the Capital Clubhouse is closed until March 23, 2020 and CHRVA is cancelling all insured activities until March 31, 2020.  All practices, clinics, and tournaments up to March 31st are canceled.  Once the full impact of cancellations is known to all, we will determine the appropriate course of action.   Please do not hesitate to contact with any questions/concerns.  Thank you for your patience and understanding during this very dynamic time.  


Stay well,

SOMDVBC Directors

Update on COVID-19 (Mar 12 @ 11:30am)

Parents and players, as is everyone, we are aware that there is a medical situation ongoing with the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). You should have received an email from the Chesapeake Region Volleyball Association (CHRVA) that follows a USA Volleyball recommendation (sent last night) that states, “USA Volleyball is recommending that all USAV-sanctioned events scheduled through March 22 be postponed or canceled.”


With that recommendation, CHRVA has canceled all sanctioned tournaments through March 22; this means that all tournaments this weekend and next have been officially canceled, with a reassessment to come afterward. 


Directors of SOMDVBC have met, and as of 11:30 on 3/12/20202, the decision is to continue with practices tonight, with a reassessment and further notification to follow next week or as additional information and/or directives are provided.


The health and safety of all players, parents, and our coaching staff is of the utmost concern to us, and while canceling practices is a viable option to limit the risk of exposure, we felt that practice (as opposed to the tournaments) is an event conducted with only essential personnel and limited family in attendance, and this is a more controlled environment.


We have spoken to the Capital Clubhouse, and they have assured us all facilities operated by Rink Management have implemented enhanced cleaning routines along with personal hygiene procedures designed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. They held a meeting with their cleaning company this morning and all of their staff members to ensure full compliance with the enhanced procedures. They have also posted a note on their webpage to inform the public of their upgraded processes. 


As always, the ultimate safety decision of attending or not attending practices lies with the parents and guardians of the player, but we wanted to let you know of our decision to continue with practices and allow you to attend or not attend based solely on your choice. Because of the fluidity of the situation, if any updates come in and our decision changes, we will send an immediate communique to inform you of that decision.


If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Coach Mo Davis

Director SOMDVBC